Landmark Center has been a staple in the West End Historic District for over 100 years. Originally constructed in 1913, the building was previously used as a warehouse and distribution center. Today, Landmark Center is a premier urban office and retail destination catering to creative and innovative tenants.
MESA and the Client collaborated in an effort to establish the site as a destination and significant gateway into the West End. The team created a site plan focused on engaging the urban fabric. Perhaps the most significant improvement is the addition of an abstract metal art piece at the corner of Lamar and Ross, signifying entry into the West End Historic District and arrival at Landmark Center. Reclaimed red clay brick paving surrounds the sculpture and complements the historic materials used throughout the District, while a warm, contemporary landscape palette softens the arrival and screens the parking lot. The perimeter landscape is a defining element which connects the corner to the building, unifying the property.